Among the John Deere lawn tractor electric problems, the safety switch comes first. Its failure can bring several difficulties for the tractor and many of its components.
But, what are the most common John Deere lawn tractor safety switch problems?
They are tractor not starting, loose wirings of the switch, broken or damaged switch, tractor not stopping when the rider is absent, safety switch not responding and blades not turning off when zero rider is present.
The details of John Deere lawn tractor safety switch problems are listed here with their suitable fixing ways.
So, don’t go anywhere and make the journey till the end.
Quick Overview: John Deere Lawn Tractor Safety Switch Problems and Fixes
Though there are many types of John Deere lawn tractor safety switch problems, I have picked the most common ones.
Take a glance at them and their solutions are given, too.
|1||Tractor Not Starting||Check the Safety Switch|
|2||Broken or Damaged Safety Switch||Replace the Switch Immediately|
|3||Tractor Not Stopping When the Rider is Absent||Inspect the Switch and Repair the Faults|
|4||Safety Switch Not Responding||Change the Safety Switch|
|5||Blades Not Turning Off When the Rider is Absent||Get a New Safety Switch|
|6||Dirt and Corrosion in Safety Switch||Clean the Switch Properly|
|7||Loose Wirings of the Switch||Tighten the Switch Wirings|
In-Depth Discussion: John Deere Lawn Tractor Safety Switch Problems and Fixes
As you have encountered the amount of problems are many and of course, they have particular solutions for every issue. Frankly speaking, I get to see some of them quite frequently and others are hard to come by.
For that reason, I thought of sharing those common John Deere mower tractor safety switch problems and their specific solutions with you.
So, make sure you go through each of them.
Problem 1: Tractor Not Stopping When the Rider is Absent
Whenever you notice the John Deere lawn tractor is still turned on after you get off it, the culprit is the safety switch.
The tractor may not stop due to:
• The safety switch is not getting the signals
• Worn out issues can attack the switch
• An out of expiry date safety switch is not workable
Solution: Inspect the Switch and Repair the Faults
Here are some tips on how to solve it:
• Inspect the switch to know about its defect
• Detect them and find the ideal repair for them
• Do not hesitate to replace the switch if it stopped working
Problem 2: Blades Not Turning Off When Zero Rider Present
Just as the problem 1, a bad safety switch fails to turn off the tractor blades when you are absent.
A few reasons of it are:
• The switch can be stuck due to dirt and debris
• Pressing it may not working to turn it on
• Its grounding is disconnected
Solution: Get a New Safety Switch
To get rid of this, try these following fixes:
• Turn off the tractor and clean the safety switch thoroughly
• Be cautious to avoid sharp materials in cleaning
• Check its grounding part and do the grounding process again
Problem 3: Loose Wirings of the Safety Switch
After a certain period, the safety switch can have such error and this leads it to malfunction.
The causes behind it are:
• As the tractors runs regularly, the shakings can loose the wirings
• An old wire is also easy to get moved from its place
Solution: Tighten the Switch Wirings
Your immediate duties after observing the issue are:
• Check the wirings to see which of them is loose
• Tighten that wiring following the guidelines of the owner’s manual
• Replace the wire if it is old enough
Problem 4: Tractor Not Starting
Your John Deere tractor may show irregularities in starting. The safety switch causes it, when:
• The switch has lost connection with the battery
• It can not operate with less power
• Any blown sign is noticeable on it
Solution: Check the Safety Switch
As the issue is not at all ignorable, try our these tips:
• Make the connection between the switch and battery
• Check if it is getting enough voltage
• For the blown sign, changing it is required
Problem 5: Broken or Damaged Safety Switch
Another common John Deere safety switch problem is it can be broken. It happens due to:
• The end of its lifespan
• Getting affected by surroundings components
• Corrosion has attacked it
Solution: Replace the Switch Immediately
To get all these troubles away from the switch, follow the listed instructions:
• Readjust the safety switch after cleaning it
• Inspect its body for the sign of damages
• Replace the switch if it is out of date
Problem 6: Safety Switch Not Responding
A not responding safety switch can invite many irritating issues in your John Deere lawn tractor. It fails to respond, when:
• Its connection is lost with the electric unit
• It is receiving imbalanced voltage
• Its cables can be badly corroded
Solution: Change the Safety Switch
You have to get the safety switch back on duty to run the tractor. So, try these out:
• Secure the relation between the switch and the electric unit
• Use a voltmeter to check its voltage
• Get its cables changed or change the switch
Problem 7: Dirt and Corrosion in Safety Switch
A dirty safety switch is not at all recommended for a John Deere lawn tractor. But, the problem comes because of:
• Not cleaning the switch for a long time
• Corrosion gets involved from the dirt
• debris is stuck in the switch badly
Solution: Clean the Switch Properly
Whenever you meet this problem, do not delay in:
• Cleaning the switch with much care
• Removing the debris and corrosion carefully
• If nothing works, get a new safety switch
What is the Function of the Safety Switch in a John Deere Lawn Tractor?
Answer: In a John Deere lawn tractor, the safety switch keeps it safe by turning off the ignition process when no rider is present. Another job of it is ensuring the blades are off duty.
Where is the John Deere Lawn Tractor Safety Switch?
Answer: The safety switch is found behind the seat on which the rider sits and operates the John Deere tractor. As you sit on that seat, the switch is turned on and does its tasks.
A matter is cleared that a malfunctioning safety switch is not at all recommended to use for the John Deere lawn tractors. More issues can come as a result of it.
For that reason, make the best use of the article regarding John Deere lawn tractor safety switch problems. And, do not forget to check out the fixes.